The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) came into force on 1 July 2021. POPIA aims to protect an individual’s right to privacy by offering protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information.
To protect and handle data responsibly is essential. In terms of the Act, Sunbird Aloes is required to inform you how we use your information.
Your information will only be used for relevant and explicitly defined purposes i.e.
1. We will only use contact details that you have specifically provided us;
2. We will use your email contact details to communicate with you regarding any active business you are conducting with Sunbird Aloes;
3. We may from time to time use email to let you know about useful and appropriate information.
o If you’d like us to remove your information from our database, you can unsubscribe by e-mailing us or clicking on the “unsubscribe” option. You won’t receive any further emails from us.
o Alternatively, if you’d like to remain on our email list, no further action is required.
We have the following legal obligations to you:
• to only collect information for a specific purpose
• to have reasonable security measures in place to protect the information
• to only keep the necessary information
• to allow the data subject to obtain or view his or her information on request